HomeHistoryLivingDoing BusinessVisitingAbout UsContact Us
 Fort Stanwix National Monument
 Home
 

Fort Stanwix National Monument
112 E. Park Street
Rome, NY 13440
 
Phone: 315-336-4448
Email: fost_interpretation@nps.gov

 
Originally built by the British in 1758, Fort Stanwix was rebuilt by the Americans in 1776 to protect the Mohawk Valley from British attack from Canada. In 1777 it successfully withstood a 21 day siege by the British forces which ultimately contributed to the larger victory by American forces over the British at Saratoga. Today, the fort has been reconstructed on its original site and to its appearance during the period of the American Revolution. The new Willett Center now open offers exciting new exhibits, a bookstore and housing for the fort's museum collection.
 
Google Maps